Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

02.01.2013 - Malaysia. Boleh.

Recently, there was an incident that caused an uproar in society.
A teenager who was arrested because of attempted to rape a lady in a gas station's toilet.
The news had spread on Facebook tremendously before it was on the newspaper.
In my opinion, there were two reasons why this incident had caused public indignation.
Firstly, the age of the perpetrator. A teenage boy who tried to rape a young female adult?
This should be the front-page of the newspaper! However, it didn't. Malaysia.
Flashback when you are a teenager, where were you doing at that time?
When I was a teenager, I was playing with my neighbours at the playground.
How about you all? I bet you wouldn't try to rape people like the boy did.
This incident really shocked me when I first read the post on Facebook.
It made me wondered what did his parents taught him.
It made me doubted the quality of Malaysia's education system.
It made me start to worry about the humanity and morality of youngsters.
The world is changing, and I wonder it is still at the "right" track.
The second thing that caused public outrage was the police's attitude.
The police asked whether or not to let the boy go. Do you think this is the right way?
For me, NO. The boy's intention had told us there must be something wrong about the boy.
Although he is still young, but don't you think the victim deserve a justice?
I'm not saying that the boy should go to jail or what.
At least he should be taught about what is right and what is wrong.
A simple principle and yet the police failed to understand.
I strongly doubted the quality of the police.
Not all the polices are like that, but there will always some black sheep among them.

Well, I guess this is what people called "reality".



1 comments:

Jessica said...

So after reading this did God knocked on your door asking you to go into teenage counselling?

I saw similar kind of police myself. I totally understood the scenario.

Take care

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Meh Meh is here.. Design by WPThemes Expert
Blogger Templates by Buy My Themes.